Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Summer Hobby : Cait's Balcony Garden

Last year I planted alot of herbs that I didnt end up using. This year I am going for more leafy greens. The idea of throwing in some fresh greens into my morning smoothies is kind of romantic. 

Tiny adorable romaine lettuce hearts growin' . I made a bet with Dave that I could feed him a salad made from balcony plants. The strawberry plants are new this year, so kind of an experiment. I got a pinwheel in an attempt to scare away pidgeons.

Pansies! I got them one of those automatic plant waterers,but I don't trust it! Doesn't the end just get clogged with dirt?? I am keeping a close eye on these guys...
First year experimenting with growing from seed! Attemoting peas,beans,carrots,green onions and spinach. I will have a lot to give away to the gardeners with the plots outside my apartment building.
First strawberry starting to get red!

Green Smoothie corner!! Arugula,Swiss Chard and Romaine Letture. Still want to get my hands on some kale,carrots and spinach! (if the seeds dont work out) ..
Gerber Daisies! What I thought to be very easy to take care of apparently is a notoriously difficult plant according to online sources. I think I have the ideal climate in Ontario,so maybe that is why its so easy for me! Just trying to make use of my small space!

Happy Gardening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment